Ullock Pike, Longside Edge & Carl Side - Saturday 4th September, 2021
Want to experience some terrific views along a wonderful ridge whilst bagging 3 Wainwrights?
New to walking in the mountains and want to get more experience walking in mountain terrain?
Join us on this guided walk which, weather permitting, offers wonderful views across Bassenthwaite and the North/North Western fells. We will meet at the Ravenstone Manor Hotel, located next to our footpath. There is a small, free car park next to the hotel and other smaller car parks nearby - you will need to allow yourself some time to get parked and make your way to our meeting point.
After an initial ascent from the start, guaranteed to wake up your lungs and calves, we will traverse along a path which skirts the foot of Ullock Pike an takes us to the beginning of the ridge. Once on the ridge, when not distracting by the views, we will take our time walking steadily across and up the ridge which should not pose too much of a challenge technically nor cause any vertigo! The very last part of the approach to the summit is more uneven and extra care is required. Once we have refuelled and taken photos, we will walk the short distance to Longside Edge and then on towards Carl Side, where we will see tremendous views across Keswick and the surrounding fells. We will make our way carefully down a gravel/grassy path which leads us to the forest tracks through Dodd, taking us back to the start.
- Leadership and navigation from qualified mountain leader / first aider
- Wonderful views (weather permitting)
- Group camararderie, support and a few laughs
- Sense of achievement at the end along with great memories and photos
Start / finish: Ravenstone Manor Hotel
Distance: 6 miles
Total ascent: 2276ft
Duration: 5-6 hours
Maximum group ratio: 6:1
Strenuousness level: Strenuous (refer to 'Am I fit enough?' page on website
To book your place or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Private guiding also available on alternative dates.
Maximum group ratio: 6:1
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Once Get Up 2 Summit has agreed to take a booking from a customer, whether via telephone, email or via other electronic messaging means, the customer has 3 days within which to complete payment. If payment is not received within that time-frame, it will be assumed that the customer no longer wishes to proceed with their booking.
2. Any participants aged under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to be able to participate. Without a parent or legal guardian being present, they will not be permitted to take part in the event nor will be issued a refund.
3. After making a booking, the customer has 14 days in which to cancel their booking and receive a full refund or be able to transfer to an alternative event, providing that the event is not due to take place within the subsequent 28 days.
4. The customer will not receive a refund if they decide to cancel their place on an event if the 14 day 'cooling off' period following their booking has lapsed.
5. In the event that Get Up 2 Summit is required to cancel an event before the intended event date, a full refund will be issued although, a viable alternative will be always be sought to prevent cancellation. Get Up 2 Summit will not be held responsible for other losses incurred as a result of cancellation (i.e. accomodation, transport, etc.) and therefore recommend that the customer takes out cancellation / curtailment insurance.
6. Get Up 2 Summit reserves the right to vary events, making changes to the route, required usually to take into account weather conditions. If necessary, Get Up 2 Summit reserves the right to curtail events whether due to the weather or other factor.
7. All bookings are accepted on the premise that the participant will observe the safey instructions provided by Get Up 2 Summit staff. If the participant ignores these instructions, they do so at their own risk.
8. The customer understands that they are participating at their own risk and that they should try to minimise any hazards as much as possible. It is the customer's responsibility to make the event leader aware of any health concerns or anxieties about the capabilities as soon as they arise.
9. If you decide to leave an event prior to its completion, you do so at your own risk and Get Up 2 Summit's duty of care ends at that point.
10. Get Up 2 Summit have the right to refuse a customer from participating in / continuing with an event if they do not have the required level of ability or if they are ill-prepared, in terms of equipment, clothing, footwear, food/drink etc.
11. Get Up 2 Summit are not liable for any loss or damage to a customer's personal property which occurs during the event.
12. The participant must not have any health conditions that would affect their ability to participate fully and safely in the event nor have been advised against participating in strenuous activity by a health care professional. The participant must understand that it is their responsibility to disclose any significant medical conditions to the instructor for example, any conditions affecting the heart or lungs, diabetes, epilepsy, musculo-skeletal system.
13. Prior to registering for an event, the participant must agree, acknowledge and understand that:
- Get Up 2 Summit takes no responsibility and has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any death, personal injuries or accidents that occur to them before, during or after one of its events, unless death or personal injury is caused as a result of Get Up 2 Summit's negligence
14. Get Up 2 Summit is not liable for refunds as a result of:
- abandonment of activity after commencement of the event due to adverse weather or unforeseen circumstance, nor if the intended route is altered from that specified in the Itinerary Leaflet
- participant not having necessary clothing, equipment, food or drink, as stipulated in the 'kit list'
- pre-event non-disclosure of any issues affecting the participant's ability to participate fully in the event
- participant not present at the designated start time of the event
- the participant decides to cancel their place within 28 days of the event
- a participant who is aged under 18 years is not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
15. By making a booking with Get Up 2 Summit, the customer is agreeing to the above terms and conditions.