Wetherlam circuit - Lake District - Sat 25th Sept, 2021
Want to burn 500+ calories on a classic lakeland route?
Ticking off Wainwrights? Want to knock another 4 of your list - Wetherlam, Swirl How, Great Carrs & Grey Friar
Why not join us on a fully guided walk, led by a qualified mountain leader (also a first-aider and Registered Nurse)!
Starting from Tilberthwaite Ghyll car park (free for aprox 25 cars with donation box), near Coniston, we will follow Yewdale Beck, gaining height as we go along. We will then get the heart, lungs and calves pumping as we journey over Steel Edge and continue our ascent to Wetherlam. Once on the ridge line, we will have the other summits in our sight. Our descent will take us over Wet Side Edge and ultimately back to the start.
The event is intended for those who are not used to being in the mountains but have sufficient fitness to walk for 8 hours at a pace of 2-3km per hour. We will journey at a comfortable pace with plenty of photo opportunities and re-fuelling stops.
Start and finish: Tilberthwaite Ghyll car park
Distance: 9 miles approx
Duration: 7-9 hours depending on group pace
Cost: £30 each
Maximum group ratio: 6:1
- Leadership from qualified mountain leader / first aider
- Wonderful views (weather permitting)
- Support and encourage
- Sense of achievement at the end!
To book your place or if you have any questions, please get in touch..
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Once Get Up 2 Summit has agreed to take a booking from a customer, whether via telephone, email or via other electronic messaging means, the customer has 48 hours within which to complete payment. If payment is not received within that time-frame, it will be assumed that the customer no longer wishes to proceed with their booking amd the place will be made available to the general public.
2. Any participants aged under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to be able to participate. Without a parent or legal guardian being present, they will not be permitted to take part in the event nor will be issued a refund.
3. After making a booking, the customer has 14 days in which to cancel their booking and receive a full refund or be able to transfer to an alternative event, providing that the event is not due to take place within the subsequent 28 days.
4. The customer will not receive a refund if they decide to cancel their place on an event if the 14 day 'cooling off' period following their booking has lapsed.
5. A minimum number of participants is required on each event (with the exception of private bookings) and the event may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not met. In such circumstances, a full refund or the opportunity to undertake the event on an alternative date will be offered.
6. In the event that Get Up 2 Summit is required to cancel an event before the intended event date, a full refund will be issued although, a viable alternative will be always be sought to prevent cancellation. Get Up 2 Summit will not be held responsible for other losses incurred as a result of cancellation (i.e. accommodation, transport, etc.) and therefore recommend that the customer takes out cancellation / curtailment insurance.
7. Get Up 2 Summit reserves the right to vary events, making changes to the route, required usually to take into account weather conditions. If necessary, Get Up 2 Summit reserves the right to curtail events whether due to the weather or other factor.
8. All bookings are accepted on the premise that the participant will observe the safety instructions provided by Get Up 2 Summit staff. If the participant ignores these instructions, they do so at their own risk.
9. Each customer is participating at their own risk and they must try to minimise any hazards as much as possible. It is the customer's responsibility to make the event leader aware of any health concerns or anxieties about their capabilities as soon as they arise.
10. Social distancing of at least 2m with members of other households that the participant is not in a “bubble” with is required. All participants are required to bring a face covering and hand gel to the event to minimise potential COVID cross-infection. Without being in possession of a face covering and hand gel, they will not be permitted to participate in the event.
11. Any participant deciding to leave an event / deliberately separate theselves from the group prior to its completion does so at their own risk and Get Up 2 Summit's duty of care ends at that point.
12. Get Up 2 Summit has the right to refuse a customer from participating in / continuing with an event if they do not have the required level of ability or if they are ill-prepared, in terms of equipment, clothing, footwear, food/drink etc.
13. Get Up 2 Summit is not liable for any loss or damage to a customer's personal property which occurs during the event.
14. The participant must not have any health conditions that would affect their ability to participate fully and safely in the event nor have been advised against participating in strenuous activity by a health care professional. The participant must understand that it is their responsibility to disclose any significant medical conditions to the instructor for example, any conditions affecting the heart or lungs, diabetes, epilepsy, musculo-skeletal system.
15. Prior to registering for an event, the participant must agree, acknowledge and understand that:
- Get Up 2 Summit takes no responsibility and has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any death, personal injuries or accidents that occur to them before, during or after one of its events, unless death or personal injury is caused as a result of Get Up 2 Summit's negligence
16. Get Up 2 Summit is not liable for refunds as a result of:
- abandonment of activity after commencement of the event due to adverse weather or unforeseen circumstance, nor if the intended route is altered from that specified in the Itinerary Leaflet
- participant not having necessary clothing, equipment, food or drink, as stipulated in the 'kit list'
- pre-event non-disclosure of any issues affecting the participant's ability to participate fully in the event
- participant not present at the designated start time of the event
- the participant decides to cancel their place within 28 days of the event
- a participant who is aged under 18 years is not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
By making a booking with Get Up 2 Summit, the customer is agreeing to the above terms and conditions.